A comprehensive collection of cutting-edge molecular protocols for the laboratory diagnosis and study of sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV. The methods-each crafted by a leading expert for comprehensiveness and genuine laboratory utility-cover the major sexually transmitted pathogens, including Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Chlamydia trachomatis, Haemophilius ducreyl, Treponema pallidum, and herpes simplex. Additional molecular techniques are included for detecting the genital mycoplasmas, hepatitis B virus, HIV-1, human papillomavirus. Sexually Transmitted Disease Protocols provides a comprehensive collection of foolproof molecular methods for STD diagnosis, research, and patient management. Ed. Peeling, Rosanna ; Sparling, P. Frederick Table of Contents
- The Impact of Molecular Technology on STD Control: A Historical Perspective (pp. 3-11)
Sparling, P. Frederick
- Neisseria gonorrhoeae: Detection and Typing by Probe Hybridization, LCR, and PCR (pp. 15-32)
Gaydos, Charlotte A.; Quinn, Thomas C.
- Molecular Diagnosis of Chlamydia trachomatis Infections by Probe Hybridization, PCR, LCR, TMA, and Q-?В Replicase (pp. 33-46)
Chernesky, Max A.; Mahony, James B.
- Haemophilus ducreyi Detection by PCR (pp. 47-66)
Totten, Patricia A.; Kuypers, Jane; Morse, Stephen A.
- Detection of Treponema pallidurn, Haemophilus ducreyi, and Herpes Simplex Virus by Multiplex PCR (pp. 67-80)
Orle, Karina A.; Weiss, Judith B.
- Detection of Genital Mycoplasmas by PCR (pp. 81-102)
Gilroy, Claire B.; Taylor-Robinson, David
- Hepatitis B Virus: Detection and Quantitation by Membrane and Liquid Hybridization, Branched DNA Signal Amplification, Hybrid Capture, and PCR Methods (pp. 103-128)
- Molecular Diagnosis of HIV-1 by PCR (pp. 129-139)
Fiscus, Susan A.
- Genotyping of Neisseria gonorrhoeae by Pulse Field Gel Electrophoresis and PCR (pp. 143-150)
- Genotyping Chlamydia trachomatis by PCR (pp. 151-170)
- Human Papillomavirus Detection by PCR and Typing by Dot-Blot (pp. 171-194)
Josefsson, Agnetha; Magnusson, Patrik; Gyllensten, Ulf
- Quantitation of HIV-1 RNA in Dried Plasma Spots (DPS): A Field Approach to Therapeutic Monitoring (pp. 195-208)
Cassol, Sharon A.; Diaz-Mitoma, Francisco; Cameron, D. William
- Collection and Processing of Seminal Plasma for the Quantitation of HIV-1 RNA by NASBA and RT-PCR (pp. 209-216)
Fiscus, Susan A.; Cohen, Myron S.
- Molecular Techniques for HIV and STDs: Implications for Research and Disease Control in the New Millennium (pp. 219-232)
Peeling, Rosanna W.; Mabey, David C.W.; Holmes, King K.